Friday January 26, 2.30pm – Sunday January 28, 2.30pm*
Continental House is an iconic guest house nestled in peaceful Hepburn Springs, approximately 1.5 hours drive from Melbourne. Set on an acre of gorgeous gardens, the newly renovated, Continental House offers a wonderful combination of a fabulous 1920’s building with modern amenities and the beauty of nature. You can choose from twin-share (single beds or queen) or private rooms, each with en-suite bathroom.
Please note, Continental House only has 12 bedrooms, so book ASAP to ensure your place.
Early bird (booked and paid in full by Dec 31)
Private room (per person, including accommodation, all meals and classes): $495
Twin share room (per person, including accommodation, all meals and classes): $375
Non-residential: $255 (per person, including all meals and classes, NOT including accommodation)
Booked or paid in full after December 31:
Private room (per person, including accommodation, all meals and classes): $515
Twin share room (per person, including accommodation, all meals and classes): $395
Non-residential: $275 (per person, including all meals and classes, NOT including accommodation)
Join us to experience:
- Daily Hatha Yoga classes, deep relaxation, breathing practices, kirtan (chanting) and meditation
- Stretch and Strengthen: a class focusing on how to support, stretch and strengthen common areas of challenge – hips, shoulders, neck, lower back, hamstrings and any other requested areas
- Asana: Balancing Form and Function: a play shop where we will look in detail at how and why we practice each asana, then feel into letting go of the “right” way to practice asana and connect with inner wisdom so we can personalise our asana practice to maximise benefits and feel the deep joy of Hatha Yoga – being steady and comfortable in the body
- Yoga as Service: Discussion and personal contemplation of Karma Yoga
- Living Yoga: an overview of the many branches of Integral Yoga (Raja Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Japa Yoga, and Hatha Yoga) and how we can translate these ancient traditions into doable practices that can support all aspects of our every day life
- Yogic eating with delicious nourishing food (organic vegan meals and snacks from dinner on Friday, through to lunch on Sunday) and a short silent period at the start of some meals so we can fully focus on our scrumptious food
- Optional spa treatments: massage, Turkish steam room treatment**
- The opportunity to dive deep within through the optional practice of silence
- Free time to connect with nature and like-minded people, unwind and have fun!
There will also be a special extra event at this retreat – on the Saturday, late afternoon, we will be celebrating our current Integral Yoga Teacher Trainees graduation with a small ceremony. Everyone attending the retreat is warmly invited to share this special occasion with our teacher trainees and teacher training staff.
The program will be led by our senior teachers, including Chitra, Mitra and Jivana, with some guest teaching appearances by our newly qualified teachers, and is open and suited to everybody, from those new to Yoga to seasoned practitioners.
* As Friday is a public holiday, there is the option to arrive Thursday evening and stay the additional night, then have Friday morning free to relax or explore the Hepburn/Daylesford area. Please let us know if you would like to do that and we can arrange your additional night’s accommodation.
** During our free time on Saturday afternoon, you have the option of booking a massage or a Turkish steam room treatment if you wish (additional cost of $50 for a steam treatment and $95 for a one hour relaxation, shiatsu or deep tissue massage), or you can connect and chat with like-minded folks, chill out, read, go for a bush walk…
Retreat Schedule (subject to change)
All aspects are optional—please create the weekend you need!
1.30pm onwards: Registration
2.30—4.30: Welcome, Hatha Yoga and meditation
4.30—6.15: Free time
7:30—9: Living Yoga
AM 6.45—8.45: Hatha Yoga with extended meditation
9—10: Breakfast and Karma Yoga (breakfast clean up)
10—12: Asana: Balancing Form and Function
PM 12—12.15: Break
12.15—12.45: Meditation (option for walking meditation if preferred)
12.45—1.45: Lunch (15 minute silent period for mindful eating)
1.45—4.30: Free time – optional Hammam (Turkish steam room) or massage (additional charge, booking required) or other activity/free time
4.30—5.30: Teacher Training Graduation Ceremony
5.45—6.30: Mini Hatha class with Yoga Nidra
7.45—9.30: Kirtan (chanting); Yoga as Service and
video with Swami Satchidananda
9.30: Optional silence commences until breakfast next day
AM 6.45—8.45: Hatha Yoga with extended meditation
9—9.45: Breakfast and Karma Yoga (breakfast clean up)
9.45—11.45: Stretch and Strengthen
11.45 – 12.00: Break
PM 12—12.30: Meditation (option for walking meditation if preferred)
12.30—2.30: Lunch and Closing Circle